- Place Order
- 01342 714 750
Mushroom compost will help make your gardening easier, rejuvenate your soil bed and will help fertilize your plants when they grow.
It is best used on an annual basis for mulching and digging in, in the spring before planting so that your growing plants can make the most of it.
As mushroom compost is slightly alkaline it is best used for non-acidic plants but is very useful for most vegetables which like a richer soil and fruit plants and trees which are very hungry feeders.
Qualities of mushroom compost:
- Low in soluble nitrogen
- Little risk of plant burn
- High levels of phosphate, potassium, calcium, and magnesium
- Low salt content compared to other composts
- Element composition includes: copper, zinc, manganese, iron and boron
- How does mulching help your existing soil?
How does mulching help your existing soil?
- Good for fertilization
- Adds nutrients to existing soil
- Improves soil structure
- Makes food easier plants to use
- Retains moisture
- Reduction in weeds that grow